2023 PLATFORM PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD
PLATFORM centre is excited to announce the 2023 PLATFORM Photography Award. This yearly award aims to assist the recipient in their creation of new lens-based work (photography and video). To be eligible for this award you must be based in Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba. Current students are not eligible. Please review our mandate before submitting.
The winner of this award will receive:
- $3000 CAD
- a one-year PLATFORM membership
- one-year access to PLATFORM’s black and white darkrooms
- feature on PLATFORM’s website
- travel support for out of province applicants
- a solo exhibition in PLATFORM’s Gallery 2
Applications are due 31 May, 2023 at midnight CST. Submissions must include a bio, CV, artist statement (500 words max), 10 images of work (if video, total duration of 10 minutes, screening links are preferred), and image list. Your submission must be one single PDF*. The winner will be chosen by a jury composed of community members, PLATFORM Board Members and PLATFORM staff.* To ensure accessibility in our calls, we accept alternative forms of submission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with the application process.
PLATFORM CENTRE – MAIN SPACE / GALLERY 2 SUBMISSIONS
DEADLINE: 30 JUNE AT MIDNIGHT CST
PLATFORM welcomes proposals for new or recent work by contemporary artists, artist collectives, curators or collaborations practicing within the realm of photographic and digital art practices. To gain a greater understanding of the centre and it’s programming please review our mandate, past programming and outreach activities. For further information please contact the Artistic Director at email@example.com.
PLATFORM programs five in-house exhibitions each year and is committed to paying CARFAC fees. Exhibitions are both programmed in-house and from submissions. We have two spaces that we program, the Main Gallery and Gallery 2. Eligible submissions are reviewed by both Co-Director’s and a rotating advisory panel comprised of PLATFORM’s Programming Committee and community members. The Centre’s programming is usually scheduled 2–3 years in advance. The Centre will provide a CARFAC fee, installation assistance, and travel support for out of province applicants. The Centre will assist with return shipping when funds allow.
Please clarify which exhibition space you are submitting to. Clarify if your submission includes a workshop, performance or Active Research Lecture for us to consider in conjunction with your exhibition.
Only successful applicants will be notified.
Please follow the guidelines for submissions carefully and include all necessary items to ensure your submission will be eligible for review. Submit your package as a single pdf*.
* To ensure accessibility in our calls, we accept alternative forms of submission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with the application process.
Submission packages should include:
- Exhibition or project description (max one page)
- CV with contact information (max three pages)
- Artist bio and artist statement (max one page)
- Image list (titles, dimensions, dates, media)
- Curators should include proposed exhibition budget
- A maximum of 10 files for consideration
- Material must be numbered, titled and include your last name, and correspond to the image list
- If you are submitting time-based work: a maximum of 15 minutes (preview links only)
- If you are submitting a combination of images and time-based work; each minute of time-based work counts for one image