DEADLINE: Friday, May 28, 2021 at midnight CST.
PLATFORM centre is excited to announce the 2021 PLATFORM Photography Award. This yearly award aims to assist the recipient in their creation of new lens-based work (photography and video). To be eligible for this award you must be based in Manitoba. Current students are not eligible.
The winner of this award will receive:
- $2000 CAD
- a one-year PLATFORM membership
- one-year access to PLATFORM’s black and white darkrooms
- feature on PLATFORM’s website
- a solo exhibition in PLATFORM’s Gallery 2
Applications are due Friday, 28 May, 2021 at midnight CST. Submissions must include a bio, CV, artist statement (500 words max), 10 images of work (if video, total duration of 10 minutes), and image list. Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 2021 PLATFORM Photography Award Submission. The winner will be chosen by a jury comprised of community members and PLATFORM Board Members.
PLATFORM is an artist-run centre dedicated to considering the expanded role of photography in contemporary art. Through exhibitions, lectures, workshops, production facilities and publications – we are committed to fostering and sustaining a critically engaged community.
DEADLINES: ONGOING (June 1st / Dec. 1st)
PLATFORM welcomes proposals for new or recent work by contemporary artists, artist collectives, curators or collaborations practicing within the realm of photographic and digital art practices. To gain a greater understanding of the centre and it’s programming please review our past programming. For further information please contact the Director at email@example.com.
PLATFORM programs six in house exhibitions each year and is committed to paying CARFAC fees. Exhibitions are both programmed in-house and from submissions. Eligible submissions are reviewed by the Director and a rotating advisory panel comprised of PLATFORM’s Board of Directors and community members. The Centre’s programming is usually scheduled 2–3 years in advance. Only successful applicants will be notified.
PLATFORM accepts only emailed submissions. Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: PLATFORM Submission 2019. Submissions as a single PDF document are encouraged.
Please follow the guidelines for submissions carefully and include all necessary items to ensure your submission will be eligible for review. Submission packages should include:
- Exhibition or project description (max one page)
- CV with contact information (max three pages)
- Artist bio and artist statement (max one page)
- Image list (titles, dimensions, dates, media)
- Curators should include proposed exhibition budget
- A maximum of 15 JPEGs at no larger than 1024 x 768, (1 MB each)
- Material must be numbered, titled and include your last name, and correspond to the image list
- If you are submitting time-based work: a maximum of 15 minutes (.mov, .mp4, .avi or link to Youtube, Vimeo, etc)
- If you are submitting a combination of images and time-based work; each minute of time-based work counts for one image
- Submissions must be Mac OS X compatible
The Members’ wall is adjacent to the main entrance of the gallery in the lobby of the Artspace Building. It is an exhibition space reserved exclusively for our members. Members may apply to show 2-dimensional artwork in any medium, as long as it can fit within a 4 by 8 foot space.
Are you a member interested in using the space? E-mail email@example.com. If you’re not yet a member, stop by the gallery or purchase one online.