DEADLINES: ONGOING (June 1st / Dec. 1st)
PLATFORM accepts proposals year-round. Proposals will be collected and assessed by a jury at two points during the year: June 1st and December 1st.
PLATFORM welcomes proposals for new or recent work by contemporary artists, artist collectives, curators or collaborations practicing within the realm of photographic and digital art practices. To gain a greater understanding of the centre and it’s programming please review our past programming. For further information please contact the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLATFORM programs six in house exhibitions each year and is committed to paying CARFAC fees. Exhibitions are both programmed in-house and chosen from submissions. Eligible submissions are reviewed by the Directors and a rotating advisory panel comprised of PLATFORM’s Board of Directors. The Centre’s programming is usually scheduled 2–3 years in advance. PLATFORM will not return submission packages and only successful applicants will be notified.
Submissions as a single PDF document are encouraged. PLATFORM accepts only emailed submissions. Please send submissions to email@example.com with the subject heading: PLATFORM Submission 2019.
Please follow the guidelines for submissions carefully and include all necessary items to ensure your submission will be eligible for review. Submission packages should include:
- Exhibition or project description (max one page)
- CV with contact information (max three pages)
- Artist bio and artist statement (max one page)
- Image list (titles, dimensions, dates, media)
- Curators should include proposed exhibition budget
- A maximum of 15 JPEGs at no larger than 1024 x 768, (1 MB each)
- Material must be numbered, titled and include your last name, and correspond to the image list
- If you are submitting time-based work: a maximum of 15 minutes (.mov, .mp4, .avi or link to Youtube, Vimeo, etc)
- If you are submitting a combination of images and time-based work; each minute of time-based work counts for one image
- Submissions must be Mac OS X compatible
The Members’ wall is adjacent to the main entrance of the gallery in the lobby of the Artspace Building. It is an exhibition space reserved exclusively for our members. Members may apply to show 2-dimensional artwork in any medium, as long as it can fit within a 4 by 8 foot space.
Are you a member interested in using the space? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re not yet a member, stop by the gallery or purchase one online.