Opening at Platform Centre (Main floor of the Artspace Building, 100 Arthur Street), this multi-channel installation will be presented in a haunted-house like setting, with the films projected on to bedsheets, cheesecloth and other surfaces, while the evocative soundtracks flood the gallery.Through this recent work, which was commissioned for the opening of the TIFF Bell Lightbox, home of the Toronto International Film Festival, Maddin continues to explore the history of film, which he describes as “a haunted medium, a projection of people, places and things not really present.”Following it’s initial presentation in Toronto, Maddin’s Hauntings project was presented at the Berlinale, and most recently as part of the hugely successful tour de force, My Winnipeg, organized by Plug In ICA and presented in Paris at La Maison Rouge.
- Exhibition: 02 September – 02 October 2011
- Opening Reception: Friday 02 September, 7PM
- Screening of Our Winnipeg, by Sarah Febbraro + Art City participants: Friday 16 September, 7PM
- Artist Talk with Guy Maddin: Saturday 01 October, 3PM
- WNDX Closing Party with Artist-in-Attendance: Saturday 01 October, 11PM, during Nuit Blanche
- Collaboration Between WNDX & PLATFORM
- “Hauntings” was commissioned for the opening of the TIFF Bell Lightbox, 2011